BJP IT cell National Executive then and now!
September 6, 2013
After a long tiring day last night I realised what we as a team are achieving all along. We are a party of many firsts. The IT sector has been one of the biggest generator of jobs in our country. In last few years our lead is challenged from external and internal factors. The UPA government beyond doubt has failed to protect the interests of our IT sector.
The sector which always gave good news is now looking towards government to help it deliver that era of good news again. Coming to our IT cell, BJP under the guidance of Hon Rajnath Singh ji, the then party president, was the first party to setup an IT cell in 2008 and Sh Pradyut Bora Ji was appointed as the first National IT cell convener.
The first National Executive was attended by 15 people from 8 states and today we are receiving IT Cell State conveners/co-conveners from 20 states.
I participated in the first National Executive as the Maharashtra State IT cell Convener. The enthusiasm with which state teams have come, I can easily recall how I felt after then. While I was state convener my team managed to deliver some firsts:
- Setup and Activated IT Cells across 21 districts in Maharashtra
- Initiated and completed the deployment of High Definition Video Conferencing solution across 11 district offices under Maharashtra BJP.
- Organized the first of its kind online political conversation – a Rediff Chat with Nitin Gadkari ji
- Organized a first social media focused political event of its kind – a Bloggers’ Meet at the BJP Headquarters in Mumbai in Apr ’09.
- Aug ’08, Mumbai – hosted industry captains in a discussion with Shri. Nitin Gadkari – on making Maharashtra an investment destination, improving employability etc.
- Setup and run a dedicated call center to assist citizens with getting their voter IDs.
During my days of Maharashtra State IT cell convener, I also managed to organise a big ticket event involving 29 Industry Captains with 5000+ Crore turnover. As you would well agree, the Digital Economy of India, consisting of IT/ITES, Telecom and e-Governance, is one of the key drivers of growth and progress in the country. This was organised to understand the pain areas of the IT industry and as a principal opposition party and a party ruling over eight states, party president (Sh Nitin Gadkari Ji) had the opportunity to interact with industry Captains. The event was co-organised by CKS and C-DEP. FICCI and NASSCOM were also one of the co-organisers. The event was attended by 31 delegates and among them were Smt. Naina Lal Kidwai, Sr. Vice President- FICCI & Managing Director – HSBC India, Shri. Som Mittal, President – NASSCOM, Shri. Deepak Ghaisas, Chairman – GCV life pvt ltd, Shri. Ajay Singha, ED-AmCham, Shri. Pankaj Mohindroo, President, ICA and other leading CEOs from the sector.
IT Cell national team is currently lead by Sh Arvind Gupta ji, National Convener and Sh Sanjeev Singh, National Co-convener, IT Infrastructure, Sh Amresh ji, Outreach and me (Vinit Goenka) E-governance, industry interface & andolan. And I thank to National Convener for giving me this unique opportunity to organise a big event which involves all the talented people who are contributing to our party in various states.
Change is in the air and we are working towards it every day.
Welcome to BJP IT cell National executive – #BJPITcellNE2013.