BJP’s vision on India’s Infrastructure
February 10, 2014
Brave, bold people with vigor in their blood, strength in the nerves, iron muscles and nerves of steel, not softening namby-pamby ideas will build a strong India, the world will reckon with. I, on behalf of BJP welcome all young strong minds to join me in building our nation.
Strength of a nation lies in its infrastructure. And infrastructure development has been and will always be is one of top priorities for BJP. Addressing a group of non-resident nationalist Indians in a hangout session, BJP’s past President Shri Nitin Gadkarijispoke at length about BJP’s vision on India’s Infrastructure. He also said that BJP’s vision document “India Vision 2025”, which is due to come out soon will discuss all in detail. A few snippets on infrastructure from his address:
• Creating more airports will be one of the top most priorities. There is a plan to create District Level Airports, as also water ports and use sea planes to connect the entire country better.
• Metros like Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Bangalore will be interconnected with high speed trains.
• Best consultancies of the world like SwissRail will be employed to work on modernization and expansion of Indian Railways.
• The network of Indian Railways would be doubled
• Speaking on roads, Gadkariji quoted Late American President John F Kennedy who had said, “American roads are not good because America is rich; America is rich because American roads are good”.
• Nitin Gadkariji himself had implemented the dream project Pradhanmantri Gram Sadak Yojna during Shri Atal Vihari Bajpayeeji’s tenure as Prime Minister. It was during the NDA’s regime that the 4-laning of National Highways had started which unfortunately still remain incomplete after a decade of UPA’s regime. Once completed, all villages of the country would be connected by motorable roads
• High Altitude States like NE, Himachal Pradesh, Uttaranchal etc. would have ‘Integrated Planning” i.e. each place would have roads, cable cars, ropeways and chopper services to create accessibility.
• Another top priority is “Ganga Safai”. Ganga would be dredged and cleaned from Patna to Kolkata to facilitate water transport.
• River connectivity is another dream project of BJP, work on which has already begun in BJP ruled states such as Gujarat & MP. If BJP comes to power, the project will be scaled up for the whole nation, which will create new benchmarks of water supply & transport in the country.
“India Vision 2025” would be tabled to the BJP parliamentary committee in 15 days, and would be released thereafter.
All of you, who want to make a difference & become a part of nation building, could send in your suggestions to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Your suggestions will be reached to the concerned leaders of BJP, evaluated for inclusion in the party’s vision document, “India Vision 2025”.
To see Shri Nitin Gadkariji’s full interaction on infrastructure, click on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98h-D5BHu8A